Do you ever wish you could accomplish more of your goals personally and professionally?
Many people believe that accomplishing goals is about time management when, in fact, it’s about holding yourself accountable.
But why is it hard for people to be accountable?
Joining me in this week’s episode are two guests who live and breathe accountability.
Today’s guests are Tasha Howland and Cheron Porter. Tasha and Cheron are passionate about helping individuals reach their highest potential both personally and professionally through accountability coaching, which they do through their business AQ partners.
Today, Tasha, Cheron, and I talk about all things accountability. We discuss why it’s hard to be accountable and the strategies to increase accountability for yourself and your team members.
We also dive into what a good accountability partnership looks like, how to support your team members to be accountable, and more.
Join the conversation now!
Get FREE mini-sketchnotes with the big idea from the week’s episode delivered to your inbox when you subscribe to my weekly email.
- (00:00) Intro
- (01:45) Why is it hard to hold people accountable
- (03:13) #1 reason why people avoid self-accountability
- (06:51) Explaining the chances of reaching your goals
- (09:32) How to manage accountability during uncertain times
- (11:51) What does it look like to have an accountability partner
- (15:15) Factors that are essential in making a good accountability partner
- (18:34) Formula in setting goals
- (20:25) The power of specificity
- (21:58) Tips for doing effective weekly accountability conversations
- (26:41) Great managers that Tasha and Cheron have worked for
- (29:50) Keep up with Tasha and Cheron
- (31:04) [Extended Episode Only] How to find an accountability partner
- (37:24) [Extended Episode Only] What to do when the other person always seems to make excuses
- (41:02) [Extended Episode Only] How to make progress when accountability isn’t enough
– Get the extended episode by Joining The Modern Manager Community for just $15 per month
– Read the full transcript here
– Read the related blog article here
– Follow me on Instagram here
– Visit my website for more here
Connect with Cheron and Tasha
– Follow Cheron on LinkedIn here
– Follow Tasha on LinkedIn here
– Check out The AQ Partners on LinkedIn here
– Visit their website to learn more here
50% Off One-Hour Strategy Session
The AQ Partners will offer a one-hour strategy session designed to help you break down your big-picture goal into small, actionable steps and craft a massive plan of action tailored to your lifestyle. This dynamic roadmap will guide you and help serve as a foundation when you encounter inevitable struggles and setbacks so you can focus on success.
The cost is typically $300, but you can book a strategy session for $150.
Get this discount and many other member benefits when you join The Modern Manager Community.
The Modern Manager is a leadership podcast for rockstar managers who want to create a working environment where people thrive, and great work gets done.
Follow The Modern Manager on your favorite podcast platform so you won’t miss an episode!