EPISODE 263: NAVIGATE EMOTIONS IN THE WORKPLACE WITH JEN HOPE
Whether you find yourself grappling with stress, loneliness, or irritation—or simply seeking to cultivate a more positive and productive work environment—managers must learn to navigate the intricate landscape of emotional regulation. Feelings of all sorts make their way into our daily work experience. The challenge is that when they’re negative or really strong, they can quickly throw us and our teams off track.
Today’s guest is Jen Hope. Jen is an accomplished leadership coach with over a decade of experience in helping entrepreneurs and tech leaders thrive. With her unique process that utilizes data to create deeper levels of self-awareness, Jen is committed to promoting compassion and kindness while teaching highly-effective research-backed tools and frameworks to help clients achieve their goals.
Jen and I talk about emotions and their impact on us, how we can process our emotions, the integration of emotional and rational thinking, strategies for staying calm and moving forward when your emotions spike and so much more.
Members of the Modern Manager community get a major discount on two “Accelerate Your Growth” Strategy Sessions with Jen. Get it when you join the Modern Manager community.
Get FREE mini-sketchnotes with the big idea from the week’s episode delivered to your inbox when you subscribe to my weekly email.
Read the related blog article: 4 Steps to Manage Your Emotions at Work
KEEP UP WITH JEN
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:14 Why do we experience emotions?
- 03:38 Why do some people seem to be less emotional?
- 08:23 The skill of acknowledging what you’re feeling
- 10:43 Strategies we can use to name our emotions
- 21:26 How can we support our team members through emotional experiences?
- 27:00 A great boss Jen has worked for
- 28:21 Keeping up with Jen
- 29:00 [Extended episode only] Tangible tips to prepare for emotional conversations
Get the extended episode by joining The Modern Manager community for just $5 per month.