EPISODE 262:CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING WITH DR. SAM ADEYEMI
Decision-making has been somewhat of a hot topic for leaders lately, and for good reason. Each decision we make, whether big or small, plays a role in either accomplishing our goals or straying from them. But how do we learn to make better decisions, and how do we teach our team members to do the same?
Today’s guest is Dr. Sam Adeyemi. Sam is a leadership coach, global speaker, and strategic leadership expert, who is focused on shifting people’s mindsets so they can see possibilities and become those possibilities. And, he is the author of Dear Leader: Your Flagship Guide to Successful Leadership.
Sam and I talk about creative problem solving and decision-making. He shares the special ingredients to bringing a group together to creatively tackle challenges and make strong decisions.
Members of the Modern Manager community get a 30 Day free trial to Dr. Sam’s Reset Program for Leaders. Get it when you join the Modern Manager community.
Get FREE mini-sketchnotes with the big idea from the week’s episode delivered to your inbox when you subscribe to my weekly email.
Read the related blog article: How to Creatively Solve Problems and Make Decisions as a Team
KEEP UP WITH DR. SAM
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:50 Creative problem solving in a team
- 06:07 Harnessing ideas through brainstorming
- 09:46 Mind-mapping and other tools for brainstorming
- 15:43 Using our intuition to make decisions
- 16:28 A story on intuitive decision-making
- 21:01 Four lenses for decision-making
- 25:31 A great manager Sam has worked for
- 28:01 Keeping up with Sam
- 30:00 [Extended episode only] Extreme Ownership: What it is, and what does it look like in action?
- 34:52 [Extended episode only] How do we shift our work culture to encourage extreme ownership?
Get the extended episode by joining The Modern Manager community for just $5 per month.