Do you ever feel like you can see the end in sight, but you don’t know how to get there? Having a vision is important—having clear processes and procedures to accomplish your goals is just as important. In fact, creating and sticking to work processes can be the difference between a team that is chaotic and unorganized versus a team that works together seamlessly to get work done.
Today’s guest is Racheal Allen. Racheal is a Lean Six Sigma certified consultant, coach and CEO with over 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur and C-suite executive. Racheal specializes in helping her clients operationalize their visions by leveraging systems, automation and delegation strategies.
Racheal and I talk about how to establish work processes that get the ideas out of your head and onto paper in a way that doesnt feel like micromanaging. We get into the role of technology to support ways of working, the importance of setting the team up for effective information flow, and so much more!
Members of the Modern Manager community get access to an exclusive “Multiplying Your Time” workshop facilitated live by Racheal. Get it when you join the Modern Manager community.
Get FREE mini-sketchnotes with the big idea from the week’s episode delivered to your inbox when you subscribe to my weekly email.
Read the related blog article: Improve Your Team’s Operations With the Right Technology
KEEP UP WITH RACHEAL
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:57 What does it mean to create an operational system in your team?
- 04:04 What’s the right amount of structure in an organization?
- 06:41 Setting the tone for team infrastructure.
- 10:43 Systems and processes that are fundamental for any team
- 12:43 The role of technology and automation
- 19:09 Best practices for documenting processes
- 24:17 Onboarding to a tool versus maintaining use of a tool
- 29:18 A great manager Racheal has worked for
- 32:04 Keeping up with Racheal
- 33:00 [Extended episode only] How do we encourage people to maintain operational systems?
- 37:11 [Extended episode only] Best practices for keeping to-do lists updated
- 40:31 [Extended episode only] Supporting our team members in what works best for them
Get the extended episode by joining The Modern Manager community for just $5 per month.