Ever feel like you don’t have enough time because you’re too busy working on tasks, attending meetings, and checking email? If so, you’re not alone. Who has time for planning when there is so much to do?! In reality, a daily planning habit puts you in control of your schedule, workload, and productivity.
Today’s guest is Ashutosh Priyadarshy. Ashutosh is the Co-founder and CEO of Sunsama, a daily planning assistant that helps knowledge workers stay focused and productive throughout their workdays. Ashutosh has spent most of the last decade building and launching productivity software. His goal is to build products that help us navigate our work and life mindfully and intentionally.
Ashutosh and I talk about why daily planning is an important process, how we can use daily planning to boost productivity and feel a sense of accomplishment, and more.
Members of the Modern Manager community get an exclusive 30-day free trial of Sunsama. Get it when you join the Modern Manager community.
Subscribe to my newsletter to get episodes, articles and free mini-guides delivered to your inbox.
Read the related blog article: Boost Productivity with Daily Planning
KEEP UP WITH ASHUTOSH
- Create a daily planning habit at a time that works best for you. It doesn’t need to be at the start of your day.
- Starting your day with a plan helps you focus on your most important tasks.
- Bring your calendar and tasks together to get an accurate picture of how you’ll spend your time.
- In addition to meetings and tasks, we have plenty of ‘work chores’ that need to be done every day.
- Share your daily plan with your team to keep people informed, create accountability, and encourage yourself to plan accurately.
- End your day with a reflection on what you accomplished to help feel fulfilled and build momentum.