There are endless benefits to using technology at work. But, software tools and apps are not a magic pill. They require behavior change and sustained dedication to using them in order to reap the benefits. Therefore, even considering the idea of adding a new app to your tech toolbox should be done thoughtfully.
Get the free mini-guideto help you reflect on why you need a task management app and what features are most important.
Jointhe Modern Manager communityto get the full guide to generating buy-in for a collaboration app with your team along with suggested tools.
Subscribe to my newsletterto get episodes, articles and mini-guides delivered to your inbox.
- Adding a new technology tool to your workflow, whether doing it alone or with a team, shouldn’t be taken lightly. New apps require new behaviors.
- Be clear about the problems you want the tool to solved.
- Paint a vision of what benefits you (and the team) will receive when using the app successfully.
- Identify unique capabilities and feature needs based on the type of work your team does.
- Explore 3-5 apps by reviewing their marketing site, using the web and mobile apps, visiting the help site, and reading reviews.
- Select one to use first and give it a go for a few weeks. You’ll discover things you like more about it and things you like less or that it doesnt do which are needed.
- Then decide if you want to stay with this one, try another, or find a non-technical way to solve the problems you identified.
Articles with app reviews:
Get it touch! Email me email@example.com