There are times when rich conversation is exactly what needed to happen, but that’s really the exception, not the norm. For most meetings, a good conversation is simply not enough. Too often meetings that are intended to produce a decision or clarify next steps result in little if any follow through. So what can you do about that?
In this episode, I discuss 5 practices to make your meetings outcomes more actionable, ensuring greater meeting follow-through.
Get the free mini-guide to better follow-through.
Join the Modern Manager community to get the full guide to managing meeting follow-through and many more resources to support your learning journey.
Subscribe to my newsletter to get episodes, articles and mini-guides delivered to your inbox.
- Recap next steps and decisions at the end of the meeting.
- Assign one owner to each action item.
- Write down the tasks, decisions, and learnings (key takeaways) so you don’t need to rely on memory.
- Share the meeting notes with all attendees and those who need to be informed.
- Use a meeting note app such asBeenoteorWisembly Jam.
- Follow-up on tasks assigned from prior meetings. Use the old notes to help keep track of open items.
- Transfer action items assigned to you to your project plan or regular to-do list. Don’t keep meeting action items separate from your other work.
Get it touch! Email me at email@example.com