The decision to invest in your employees can be one of the smartest decisions you make as a manager. When you allocate money, time, or energy to an employee’s growth, the benefits for them, for you, and for your business can be profound. Learn ways to invest in people individually and as a team.
Get the free mini-guide to investing in your team.
Join the Modern Manager community to get the full guide to investing in your team and many more resources to support your learning journey.
Subscribe to my newsletter to get episodes, articles and mini-guides delivered to your inbox.
Read the article based on this episode: Invest in Employees for Growth and Success
- Investment means you deal with the cost now in order to reap the benefit later.
- Everyone benefits when you invest in your team members. Employees feel more engaged and grow their capabilities. This, in turn, makes your job easier as a manager, freeing you to do other work.
- There are multiple ways to invest in people. Leadership consultantsMike Figliuolo and Victor Prince created a greatframework.
- Talk with your employees about growth. There is greater buy-in when you decide together what to focus on and how.
- Consider the employee’s learning preferences when deciding on investment approaches.
- Be sure to invest in your team as a whole and in yourself too!
Get it touch! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org