Connections at work provide a sense of cohesion, which is essential for cultivating teamwork and collaboration. When there are strong relationships, many interpersonal dynamics become less stressful. Conflicts are reduced and those that do arise are often easier to resolve. People are more willing to ask or help and share their ideas. As a manager, your job is to connect with each of your team members and to foster connections among them.
Get the free mini-guide to help you strengthen the relationships on your team.
Join the Modern Manager community to get the full guide to building connections and strengthening relationships, and many more resources to support your learning journey.
Subscribe to my newsletter to get episodes, articles and mini-guides delivered to your inbox.
Read the article based on this episode: Connections at Work Can Make Your Team More Successful
- We are social beings. Human connection is critical to our wellbeing and our collaboration capabilities.
- When you have a strong relationship, it’s easier to move past bumps like a mis-communication. You’re more likely to give the benefit of the doubt to someone and take risks in front of them.
- Your job as a manager is to build relationships with and among your team members.
- Celebrate work-related and personal occasions as a team.
- Share personal stories and photos e.g. from vacations, weekend activities, etc.
- Take time out of the office for team-building.
- Bring people together over non-work topics. Try a lunch-n-learn or book/article/movie club.
- Surprise your team with occasional special somethings like food or time off.
Get it touch! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org